Situation: Marisol is a typical rural community with a business model. The village has approx. 60 households, with the majority of people working in the cocoa plantation. There is also a school and a basic workshop used mainly for carpentry. Before the installation of the SMART Hybrid System, the community had access to electricity for a couple of hours per day, using a diesel generator.
- SMART Hybrid System (river turbine + photovoltaic + backup generator)
- Twenty-four 2V batteries connected in series to a total voltage of 48V and connected to the SMART Energy Management System
- The solar power system’s peak performance is above 1.2 kW
Facts: Cost (LCOE) is approx. US$ 0.30/kWh
Situation: This privileged location in Munich is well known for its traditional hydro power plant at the Auer-Mühlbach, where all the research and development from Smart Hydro Power has been put in place since 2011. As Munich has cold winters and hot summers (-15°C to +35°C), the material and the components have been proven to resist a broad range of climatic conditions. The installation of hydrokinetic turbines behind traditional hydro power plants is applicable all over the world in order to profit from the existing high energy potential.
- At the back, in the outflow of the hydro power plant, a SMART Free Stream has been installed since 2014. This turbine has never needed any maintenance and constantly generates power
- This system works parallel and backed up by the grid as a SMART Storage System
- It provides uninterruptible power supply (UPS), simulating a great solution for countries such as India, which experience constant electricity shortages
This project was performed together with ENERA S.A.S. and is part of the worldwide dena Renewable Energy Solutions Programme coordinated by Deutsche Energie-Agentur (dena) – the German Energy Agency – and co-financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) within the initiative “renewables – Made in Germany”.
Situation: Rice requires constant irrigation. The rice farms in Neiva are not connected to the grid. Therefore, the irrigation pumps are powered by 110 kW diesel generators, which are expensive (US$ 1.2/l) and harmful to the environment.
- Frequency inverter
- Installation of an irrigation pump directly powered by a SMART Duofloat turbine in order to (partly) replace the diesel
- This direct-coupled system dispenses the use of a battery
- Through the implementation of this SMART Irrigation System, the cost for pumping 1,000 m3 of water is reduced by 70 %. Taking into account that the cost for it is at around US$ 6.9, against US$ 20.8 for the same performance using diesel systems
- The amortization time of this project is less than 5 years
- This solution saves more than 5 tons of CO2 annually
Decentralized electrification solutions are our expertise.
We have developed unique products and packages providing sustainable and complete renewable energy systems for the best cost-efficiency possible.Get to know some of our projects
- Empowering people in Marisol, Peru
Rural electrification through SMART Hybrid SystemTechnology usedInfo about this project
- “Now we can also make copies at school anytime, so my pupils can take homework with them. This way, even though we are living very far away, we work just as people work in the city.”Simón Delgado – Teacher from the school at MarisolTechnology usedInfo about this project
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AT KRAEMER’SCHE KUNSTMÜHLE IN MUNICH, Germany
SMART Product`s long-term testing since 2011Technology usedInfo about this project
- “Since 1863 our family has been using the water from the Auer-Mühlbach. We are very pleased to have the micro turbine of Smart Hydro Power installed at this site, because they show how it is possible to generate energy from water in a very simple way.”Markus Kraemer – Kraemer’sche KunstmühleTechnology usedInfo about this project
- Irrigation Project in Neiva, Colombia
SMART Productive use of energy in agricultureTechnology usedInfo about this project
- “We recognized that this is a really clean energy system that doesn’t affect the environment, which is very important for us.”Carlos Alberto – owner of the farm “El Manso”,
together with Silvia VidalTechnology usedInfo about this project
Easy installation and maintenance.
Little to no civil work
Complete energy solutions,
24/7 available, modular
Innovative technology for the